Saturday, February 18, 2012

Chicken not Alfredo

So I started out tonight wanting Chicken Fettacini Alfredo. Then when I got to making it I wanted my own twist added to it! So it turned into a Chicken  Fettacini Gorgonzola. This is so rich and comforting but not near as fattening as the original recipe that uses heavy cream.  Here is how I did it!
2-4 chicken breast
Olive oil
your favorite chicken rub, spices or seasonings ( I used salt and pepper and McCormik Sicilian blend seasoning)
3 tbs butter
3 tbs flour
2 cloves of minced garlic
2 cup of 2% milk
1 tsp of lemon zest
4 oz cream cheese
6 oz of Gorgonzola cheese
2 tbs of chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper
Fettacini noodles cooked in salted water and drained.( I use whole wheat pasta)
2 oz of Parmesan cheese shredded on a microplane (extra small ~ it makes it fluffy like snow)
Heat oven to 350. Rub chicken down with a little olive oil and all your seasonings). Heat a skillet with a good drizzle of olive oil. and brown chicken on both sides. I place it in the oven and let it cook through. While this is in the oven I get started on the sauce. Melt butter and throw in minced garlic and and lemon zest and let soften about a minute. Add your flour and and let cook just a minute. Whisk in your milk and when it starts to thicken then you whisk in the cream cheese and the Gorgonzola and then season with a little salt and pepper. Taste to make sure you got the salt and  pepper right and then throw in your noodles and toss the pasta with sauce. Check chicken to see if its done and if so then plate your pasta with a piece of chicken on top and then add some Parmesan on top of that and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment