Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Richest cake....from a cake mix

Guess what? Some times I cheat....shocker, I know. But its true. I am sharing with you my little idea so I don't feel so guilty about it. So soak it up and be grateful. Up until this point I have tried boxed Red Velvet Cake mix and a Devil's Food Cake mix. My theory is that I would work with any cake mix but the turn out is a rich cake that taste made from scratch and super moist. I can't describe it. You really should just try it.
Here's the plan:
1 box of cake mix
3/4 c of greek yogurt ( I like Fage 2%)
1/4 c of real sour cream ( i like Dairy Fresh )
4 eggs room temp
1 stick of butter melted and cooled
and enough milk mixed in to make that cake batter consistency. I'd say start with 1/2 cup and add more if its too thick.

You drop all of this into one big bowl and mix it up till all the lumps are gone. Then pour in a pan / muffin cups and bake as directed. I have gotten so many complements and to many people's surprise I have to confess that I just jazzed up a boxed  cake mix! So all the inquiring minds out there.....here is how I cheated!


No comments:

Post a Comment