Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pumpkin Spiced Pecan Pancakes

When Chris (my husband) works late, we often have breakfast for supper. It is one of my favorite things and one of his least favorite things for supper. Tonight we had pancakes and on my last trip  visiting my sister in Baltimore she introduced me to this pancake mix put out by Williams Sonama that is a pumpkin spice mix and also a seasonal item. Well it was the most fantastic pancake mix I had ever used/tasted. I thought I definitely need more of this stuff but I hesitated to stock pile cans of it like I was expecting a nuclear war because at $15 a pop I just wasn't sure I needed it that bad. So with a little thought to it I said I bet I can do something like this and gave it a try!! It turned out pretty dang close if I say so myself!! So here is the recipe for all my friends to enjoy! ( This recipe was made for 1 adult and 2 children...about 6 nice size pancakes. double it if you want to feed more)
1 1/4 cups of Krustez pancake mix
1/2 can of Libby's pure pumpkin
1 egg
3/4 cup of milk ( maybe a little more...depends on the consistency you like)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 tsp cinnamon
a little less than a 1/4 tsp of nutmeg
Mix milk, pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, and egg together with a whisk. then add your pancake mix and gently whisk in the pecans. once its all mixed together, have your pan hot and ready to go. ( mine is usually set to just below medium ) Put a small pat of butter in the pan and just as it gets melted  pour in a pancake. ( I used a cookie scooper...it keeps them all about the same size and i jiggle the pan to get a good even spread) when the pancake starts to bubble at the edges then you very gently flip it over. it will rise in the center and it should be done....slap on some butter and maple syrup and you have just a little bite of heaven!!!

 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds Yummy!! I bet my grandchildren would love for me to make them for breakfast at their next sleepover. Thanks for all the great recipes Allison.

    ReplyDelete